TLC – B Class Group 3
How to Attend the Group 3 Training Leaders of Cadets Basic (TLC-B) Class
Capt Deborah Bolden
Training Leaders of Cadets is the premiere venue for Cadet Programs Officers to learn how to become better mentors of cadets and more effective managers of cadet squadrons. The 3-course program is a component of the Cadet Programs Officer Specialty Track.
On Saturday October 7th 2017 Group 3 is hosting the new 1 day Basic Training Leaders of Cadets Course, using the new materials posted here: http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/tlc_course
The Training Leaders of Cadets (“TLC”) course is now a 3-step program (Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced) for those working in or with Cadet Programs to learn how to become better mentors of today’s cadets as well as be more effective at managing a cadet program at your unit.
The TLC Basic course will focus on:
1. Key traits of cadet life, the program elements and the outcomes each is expected to produce.
2. An explanation of the promotion process.
3. Explain the roles and responsibilities of cadet programs officers serving at the squadron level and how your role changes when the cadet staff’s readiness changes.
4. How to use the Cadet Great Start, weekly meetings and activities schedules, and the Quality Cadet Unit Award as a self-assessment and managerial tool.
So, who should attend?
1. Active Members serving, or planning on serving, in Cadet Programs roles such as Cadet Activities Officer
2. Active Members in the role of Deputy Commander for Cadets
What if I took the old TLC Course?
There is no requirement that you take this new version if you already completed the old course, however this new 3-part breakdown will include more information than what was previously included and is a good “refresher” to talk about the current state of the program and recent changes.
In order to take the Intermediate and Advanced courses however, you will have had to have completed TLC Basic.
How much time is this course?
The classroom portion is scheduled to last just over 7 hours with two online sections that students must complete before attending. The classroom portion not only allows for guided instruction but serves as an open forum for members to share ideas and ask for advice.
Course: Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC Basic)
Location: Champaign Composite Squadron
Institute of Aviation at Parkland College
1 Airport Road
Savoy, IL. 61874
Date: Saturday, October 7th 2017
Time: 0800 – 1600
UOD: Blues or Corporate Uniform
Director: Capt Deborah Bolden
To register, please email the course director with the following information. Out of state students, please complete the CAPF 17: Click here for CAPF 17