TIRE SAFETY CHECK LIST
TIRE SAFETY CHECKLIST
1. Inspect tires for uneven wear patterns on the tread, cracks, foreign objects, dry rot or other signs of wear or trauma.
2. Check tire age . Replace all tires (including the spare) if they were manufactured more than six years from date of manufacture. Use graphic below to determine age of tire. It is recommended that all tires be replaced at the same time even if one tire is newer than rest .
3. Remove bits of glass and other foreign objects wedged in the tread.
4.Make sure tire valves have valve caps
5.Check tire pressure. Correct (inflate or deflate) discrepancy if needed
6. Do not overload the vehicle
7. Check the manufactures manual for maximum load of vehicle
8. If you are towing a trailer, remember some of the weight of the loaded trailer is transferred to the towing vehicle.
20 OCT 2020/LGT